The votes are tallied and the results are in… and Picklesburgh has been named the best specialty food festival in North America!
USA Today’s 10 Best Readers’ Choice Awards has just declared that the three-day pickle festival is better than all the rest, based on the number of votes from readers across the country.
Picklesburgh beat out 19 other food festival competitors, like the Kentucky Bourbon Festival, the The Bloody Mary Festival (with multiple locations) and the Baltimore Mac and Cheese Festival. The contest’s runner up was the Bacon and Beer Classic (multiple locations), and the Pismo Beach Clam Festival in Pismo Beach, California came in third.
Downtown Pittsburgh Partnership’s annual pickle-centric festival takes place every July downtown, featuring pickle vendors, pickle-inspired food and drinks from local restaurants, and a giant 35-foot Heinz pickle balloon spread across the Roberto Clemente Bridge.
USA Today’s 10 Best Readers’ Choice contest winners include:
- Picklesburgh, Pittsburgh
- Bacon and Beer Classic, multiple locations
- Pismo Beach Clam Festival in Pismo Beach, California
- South Beach Seafood Festival, Miami
- Vermont Cheesemakers Festival, Shelburne, Vermont
- The Bloody Mary Festival, multiple locations
- Oregon Truffle Festival, Wilamette Valley, Oregon
- Kentucky Bourbon Festival, Bardstown, Kentucky
- Tamale Festival Houston, Houston, Texas
- National Fiery Foods & Barbecue Show, Albuquerque
To see the full list, visit here.