If you’re a fan of tacos and tequila, this is the festival you’ve been waiting for!
Good Food Pittsburgh and Wigle Whiskey are teaming up for the release of Wigle’s tequila barrel-aged whiskies. These spirits have been waiting 3 years (!) for their debut, so to celebrate finally opening the barrels, Wigle is hosting a giant taco festival at their Barrelhouse in Spring Garden!
The festival will be held on Friday, May 25, from 5:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m.
Skip dinner and come hungry! There will an all-star lineup of local tacos available for purchase. Popular taquerias like La Palapa, Edgar’s Best Tacos, Cool Beans Taco Truck, and Casa Reyna will all be on site! Millie’s Homemade will also be there, scooping their famous ice cream.
Tickets to the event are only $20 and include:
– A sample of the Al Centro whiskey
– A sample of Wigle Abajo rum
– A signature cocktail made with Al Centro or Abajo
– A glass of cider from Threadbare Cider and Mead.
– An individual-size serving of chips & salsa
– $5 off Al Centro! and Abajo!
– Live music from The Semi-Supervillians from 7-9pm
– Access to pay-as-you-go vendors for tacos and ice cream
We have limited tickets, so act fast!
¡Al Centro! is the whiskey version of Mezcal that is made from mesquite-smoked malt and aged in Tequila barrels for three years. ¡Wigle Abajo! is a honey rum aged for three years in Tequila Barrels.
A list of vendors for the event includes:
Edgar’s Best Tacos
Millie’s Homemade Ice Cream
Cool Beans Taco Truck