Something new is coming to Regent Square.
My Goodness, a local market and grab n’ go prepared foods shop is set to open in the neighborhood – and a familiar name is attached to the project.
Sherree Goldstein, the owner of Regent Square’s famous Square Cafe, is teaming up with neighborhood resident Jeanne Herbert to open the market, in an effort to give more local food options to the neighborhood.
Local products like baked goods from Madeleine Bakery and Bistro, bagels from Pigeon Bagels, honey from Pittsburgh Honey, and coffee from KLVN coffee lab will stock the store shelves, along with fresh, seasonal produce, local deli meats, and fresh-pressed juice. My Goodness will also offer to-go prepared food options for breakfast, lunch and dinner, with choices that will be recognizable to fans of Square Cafe, like breakfast, lunch and dinner sandwiches, salads, and family dinners options, including the restaurant’s Brussels Sprout Hash and Tofu Garden Bowls.
Goldstein and Herbert decided to open the local food market after hearing from neighbors and Square Cafe customers that there was a need for the shop in the neighborhood.
“We have such a wealth of incredible food producers and farmers within miles of our city – we really wanted to make it easy for the neighborhood and the city to find this really good really local food and also give our friends and opportunity to get their products to a larger audience,” Goldstein said in a release.
In addition to local food products, from pickles and ice cream to maple syrup and Square Cafe’s own Pancake Kits, the shop will also carry local beauty products and toiletries, and local pet snacks. My Goodness will also serve as a drop-off point for a number of local farm CSAs.
The market plans to employ sustainability practices, and will offer compostable plates and packaging.
My Goodness is currently running a fundraiser on Kickstarter to complete finishing details, and has plans to open later this summer.
Local purveyors and products that will be carried at the shop include:
- Allegro Hearth – Bread
- Blackberry Meadows Farm – Produce
- Jubilee Hilltop Farms – Meat, Eggs
- Madeline Bakery and Bistro – Baked goods
- Axel’s Pretzels – Soft Pretzels
- BB and Bur – Baked goods
- Pigeon Bagels – Bagels
- Millie’s Ice Cream -Ice cream
- Trickling Springs Creamery – Butter, Milk, Ice cream
- Emerald Valley Artisan – Cheese
- Pip and Lola Soaps -Soap, Shampoo
- KLVN coffee lab – Coffee
- Sticklers Ice Pops – Ice pops
- Lancaster ice cream Ice cream
- Pittsburgh Honey – Honey, Lip balm
- Yeany’s Maple Syrup – Maple syrup
- Conover Organic farm -pickles
- Carmen and David’s Creamery -Ice cream
- Monteverde’s – Organic Produce
- Gordon Food Services
- DeLallo – Pasta
- Pittsburgh Highlander Farm – Pet Snacks, Bone Broth
Need even more Good Food? Sign up for our newsletter for the latest restaurant openings, food news and events.