One of the region’s best hidden gems has just got a big upgrade!
Dal Forno, the sister restaurant of the renowned Cenacolo in North Huntingdon, has announced its re-launch date, after taking a short break in operations over the summer to renovate the restaurant space, and revamp the menu.
On Wednesday, October 3, the restaurant will officially reopen with a brand-new menu that focuses on seafood and meat dishes, prepared in their signature wood-fired ovens.
Led in the kitchen by chef Steve Salvi, Dal Forno will still serve their super-popular pizzas (including a classic Margarita with Buffalo mozzarella, and a spicy pie, loaded with Nduja, hot soppressata, pepperoni and Calabrese peppers), along with an array of new menu items.
“We’ve brought the freshest meat, seafood and produce here to create really unique, powerful flavor from our wood-fired ovens,” says Salvi.
Look for seasonal starters that use western Pennsylvania produce, like house-made Ricotta served with roasted apples and pears, and Beef Carpaccio with arugula, capers and lemon aioli.
Dal Forno’s new entrée selections include hearty options, like Veal Ossobuco, Whole-Roasted Mediterranean Sea Bass, and a Gerber Half Chicken, served with wood-roasted seasonal side dishes, such as Brussels Sprouts with goat cheese, dates and hazelnuts, Roasted Spaghetti Squash with bacon, honey butter and candied pecans, and a melt-in-your-mouth Mac & Cheese with leeks.
In addition to the new menu, the space underwent a major renovation as well, giving the restaurant a bigger space to host more events like weddings, rehearsal dinners, and showers. Dal Forno also features a full bar area, and a separate whiskey cigar room.
Dal Forno’s new menu is below:
- Burrata and Prosciutto with crostini
- Fresh Ricotta with roasted apples and pears
- Beef Carpaccio with arugula, capers, lemon aioli
- Margarita, tomatoes, buffalo mozzarella and basil
- Meat-N-Spice, tomatoes, nduja, hot soppressata, pepperoni, calabrese peppers, mozzarella
- Mushroom, fontina, crimini mushrooms
Wood Roasted Sides
- Broccolini seasoned with calabrese peppers, garlic
- Cipollini Onions and Shitake Mushrooms
- Brussel Sprouts with goat cheese, dates and hazelnuts
- Roasted Spaghetti Squash with bacon, honey butter, candied pecans and brown sugar
- Fingerling Potatoes with parmesan cheese and truffle garlic oil
- Mac- n- cheese with leeks
- Mascarpone whipped potatoes
(comes with house salad, and choice of one side and one accompaniment)
- All-Natural Gerber Half Chicken
- Veal Ossobuco
- 16 oz USDA Prime Ribeye
- Skuna Bay Salmon
- Whole Roasted Mediterranean Sea Bass
Accompaniments, Steak Butter, Salsa Verde, Demi Glaze, Lemon Herb Butter, Lemon Garlic Gremolata, Crab (additional cost)
Dal Forno (2000 Commerce Loop, North Huntingdon)
This post is a sponsored collaboration between Dal Forno and Good Food Pittsburgh’s advertising department.